Fine Gardening

Recently my uncle-in-law’s garden was featured in Fine Gardening.  I thought for Wordless Wednesday this week, I would show off some pictures of his prized gardens.  Everyone in that generation of our family seems to have inherited this super gardening gene but somehow, the green thumb gene has decided to skip a generation.  Hubby and I can’t seem to keep our garden growing (except for weeds), but we have clearly done our duty and passed on this very important gene to our toddlers.  They clearly have inherited the family gift of gardening.  They seem eager and excited to plant, water and watch plants grow.  It has been interesting and exciting to watch our kiddies share this passion for growing things with our extended family and we look forward to seeing this skill develop as our children grow.

Does the green thumb gene run in your family?  Did you happen to inherit that gene?  Leave a comment below and let us know.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sharing is caring...Email this to someonePin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUpon

Comments

1. says

How gorgeous are these pictures! I hope he lets you sit a spell in this enchanted area. I am jealous, I live in the southwest so these views are very rare. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

2. Lavender Cottage says

Your UIL’s garden is very nice, no wonder it was featured.
    I had to develop my own green thumb through horticultural education and garden clubs. It didn’t come naturally but I enjoy gardening.

3. says

It’s a beautiful garden, he obviously spends plenty of time nurturing it. I love the chair in the garden too. Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop. I appreciate your bloggy friendship xo

4. says

Hi,
    what a wonderful garden. Such a big datura plant, WOW !!!
    I have the gardening gene from my mother. She is always pottering around the garden too ; )
    Have a great day.

5. says

would love to have your sweet and charming garden join the linky party over here at Fishtail Cottage! i really hope to see you….so much beauty in your garden! xoxo, tracie

6. says

Wonderful and colorful, creative photos ~ thanks for commenting on my blog ~ namaste, ^_^ and glad you like my sweet doggie ^_^

7. says

Your uncle-in-law certainly has a wonderful garden. I can see why the magazine wanted to feature him. :) I grew up on a farm, and my next-door-paternal-grandfather had an extensive veggie garden & u-pic that I helped plant and tend to every year. He passed the green thumb on to me for sure – bless his heart. My grandmother had beautiful flower beds, and my mother has plants all over her house (it looks like a jungle – no kidding!) My daughter and I have planted a few ‘pots’ on our condo’s balcony this year, and after just 7 days everything is spouting! I’m glad that she is excited about gardening and that the green-thumb doesn’t seem to have skipped a generation this time :)

• says

Wow Nancy, you amaze me! I feel like I’m always learning new and exciting things about you. Can’t wait to see your garden when I come to your meet up! :)

8. says

GORGEOUS GARDEN!!!! Yes I have gardening coarsing through my veins! I live to garden:) Stop by and see whats been bloomin in my gardens:)

• says

I’m now following you too. Megan, I just noticed that you’re going to BlogHer, that’s awesome! I’m crossing my fingers to be able to go next year.

• says

For sure, and the great thing about Uncle John and Aunt Gail, is that they’re retired so they can truly enjoy their garden throughout the day!

9. says

Wow, his gardens are beautiful!! Glad to hear your toddlers inherited the genes, even if you and your hubby only grow weeds hehehe ;)

10. says

Wow, this is beautiful! I don’t know anything about gardening, but every house plant I get dies :( Somehow I don’t think I would be a successful gardener!

• says

Don’t give up just yet Christy Ann. If I could manage to keep a chicks and hen garden going for two years you can too. It helped that I called it a rock garden that was accessorized with chicks and hens! :)

11. says

What amazing pictures. I have the opposite of a green thumb…I am so bad with plants. I had one in my office (that I killed) and I kept it dead there for about a year….because I was too lazy to deal with the dirt & the pot

• says

Lol Hilary, that sounds quite similar to me. Apparently, it’s impossible to kill a spider plant – at least that’s what someone told me, yet I managed to do just that!

• says

Some of us just don’t have that particular gift but it’s good to know I’m not alone in my optimism that someday I’ll manage to learn!