Happy New Year Fashionistas!
As we look at our bills from the Christmas season, we can’t help but make that dreaded resolution to cut back our expenses in the New Year. That means averting our eyes from the sale signs beckoning in store windows and convincing ourselves that we don’t need that gorgeous coat that’s 40% off. Well sisters, I’m here to help you stay strong. Grab a latte and let’s talk about some fall 2011 key fashion pieces that you most likely have in your closet. These five pieces are simple and chic, yet they’re dynamic enough to take you strutting into the spring season with style.
- Peter Pan Collar (here’s a hint, think removable collar)
- Tuxedo Jacket (classic Marlene Dietrich, a feminine yet strong look)
- Wide Leg Pant (a comfortable staple whether worn in wool or denim)
- High Slit Dress (whether it’s a valentine’s dinner with your beau or going to the opera, this takes evening wear to a more saucy level)
- Leather Harness Detailing (a little edge to your look goes a long way)
As for accessories, the doctor’s bag is still quite popular. And don’t forget, beauty goes hand in hand with fashion. So dress your lips with a beautiful coral colour; it seems to be the beauty experts colour of choice, just remember to choose the right shade for your skin tone. Well it’s been a blast my friends. Go forth, save money, look fabulous!!!
Ciao for now,
From the friendly fashionista
Char (also known as Epic Mom)